About Speaker Ideas
Based out of Amsterdam, at Speaker Ideas we connect our global clients to the most relevant and engaging speakers and thought leaders for their audiences. Our speakers and thought leaders inspire, educate, challenge and entertain corporate audiences around the world.
We manage the speaking activities of a select group of doers and thinkers and also offer the services of an extensive list of speakers not directly under our management to our global customers for their internal leadership gatherings and their client-focussed conferences and events.
As well as our broad and constantly updated network of speakers, we are proud of the ever larger number of companies that have chosen to work with us on an ongoing basis for their speaker needs, as a result of our diligence, our service and the quality of the speakers we can provide.
We offer a complete speaker service which includes:
- Consultation (we engage with you to clarify event theme and speaker requirements);
- Identify Speakers (we prepare a shortlist of available speakers who fulfill your profile, based on our 20-plus year’s experience doing this around the world. This proposal contains speaker profiles, video links and a fee indication. This fee includes our commission which is based on the speaker fee and is payable only when you book a speaker with us);
- Speaker Choice (assist you in choosing the speaker who most meets your needs, this might include coordinating pre-commitment with candidates. This is a key step and we take our time with you to get it right);
- Contract (once you’ve ready to commit to a speaker, thanks to our deep relationships with our speakers we work with we know their requirements and preferences and we make sure to get all of these covered when we draw up your contract);
- Logistics Support (our team support you and your colleagues seamlessly in all of the details that go towards making this the best possible speaker engagement for your event, from the all-important briefing call, to travel, accommodation and all related issues);
- Evaluate (after the event we discuss with you how it went, taking on board all of your feedback so that we can continuously improve how we assist you with your future speaker requirements).
Not all of the several hundreds of speakers that we work with around the world are included here. If you can’t find who you are looking for here, don’t worry, drop us an e-mail and we’ll respond immediately.
Some speakers are exclusively listed with other bureaus, in which case we co-broker for you, so you get all of the extra service and in most cases at no extra cost.
Speaker Ideas is run by Eithne Jones, who has been providing speaker ideas to corporate and institutional clients globally since setting up in Tokyo in 1996 as ‘Jones Associates – Sharing the Power of Ideas’.
Born in Roscommon, Ireland, Eithne studied Japanese & International Marketing at Dublin City University. After spending her 3rd year in Tokyo as an exchange student she was determined to return to Japan immediately after graduation, and spent two years in the public sector in Kawaguchi City (30 mins north of Tokyo), as a Coordinator of International Relations for its City Hall. She became a link between the local government and the foreign population in that industrial city, as well as an interpreter for visiting dignitaries and cultural groups. It gave her ample opportunity to organize different types of cross-cultural events and to hone her sense of humour. She spent a further two years in Japan with a small consulting & training organisation where she helped develop tailored business communication programs for executives from Japan’s top 100 companies. During these years she also gained experience in journalism, covering Japanese events for local and Irish newspapers.
In 1996, Eithne saw an opportunity in Japan for a speaker bureau that would provide not just Japanese but also local and overseas-based foreign guest speakers for Japanese conferences and events. Her clients have included all of Japan’s major newspaper groups, the larger Japanese corporations as well as local government institutions throughout Japan and multinationals with branches in that country.
Four years later she moved to the Netherlands and established a base near Amsterdam from where Speaker Ideas has expanded its network of clients and speakers. Since then it has worked with clients and speakers on every continent.
Outside of her business Eithne is also a Board member of the Ireland Netherlands Business Association, reads a great deal, loves movies, country living, and according to her husband, Karel van Wolferen, (www.karelvanwolferen.com) she is a very fine cook. She is furthermore known among intimates as a fine interpreter of Irish folk-songs when the occasion calls for them.