Chris Lochhead founder and CEO of Lochhead Enterprises Inc. is a strategy and marketing advisor who uses passion, humour and a sense of play alongside his experience of building and growing companies to educate, motivate and invigorate audiences at Fortune 500 companies and startups.
Chris is a Founder of Lochhead Enterprises Inc. (2002) and serves as its Chief Executive Officer. A self confessed ski/surf bum, strategy/marketing advisor, occasional writer and regular scotch drinker who retired at 38 after twenty years in business, being the marketing chief at three public technology companies.
Mr. Lochhead has extensive experience providing strategy and marketing counsel to senior executives at Fortune 500 companies, venture capitalists and startups. He has extensive experience in marketing, sales, and consulting for enterprise software and professional services firms.
He serves as an Advisor/Board Member to several emerging technology leaders including Erede, Escalate, Roundarch and Support.com. He has been Chief Strategy Advisor of Jive Software, Inc. since June 2010. He serves as a Strategic Advisor of NetGate, Inc. and Orchestria Corporation and as an advisor of Solar Universe Inc. He is a member of executive advisory board at Kontiki. Inc.
He served as Chief Marketing Officer of Mercury Interactive Corp., in 2003 and was responsible for its worldwide marketing efforts. In his time the company grew from approximately $400m to over $1B and was acquired by Hewlett Packard in 2006 for $5.1B, an approximately 40% premium.
He served as Chief Marketing Officer of Scient Corp., from April 1998 to December 2000 and achieved $21M in first year sales, and $156M in the second year becoming one of the fastest growing services companies at that time.
He was Executive Vice President of Vantive Corp., a pioneer in customer relationship management software and helped grow the company from $25M in sales to $117M in two years, from June 1996 to April 1998.
He was President & Chief Executive Officer of Always an Adventure International from December 1993 to June 1996. He served as Director Sales and Marketing of BMS Corp., from December 1990 to September 1991 and Director of Sales of Access Experts from February 1990 to December 1990. He was a Co-Founder and Partner of Roger Pierce & Associates from December 1987 to January 1990. He served as Director of Canada of Platinum Software Corp. from September 1991 to December 1993 and served as a Director of Pivotal Corp., from November 2001 to September 30, 2003.
- Legendary Marketing: How to Create a Breakthrough in Growth
- Point-of-View Marketing ™: How To Tell a Story That Sells
- Social Business: The New Enterprise Advantage
- Marketing In a Social Media World: 10 Things Every CMO & CEO must know
- Up The Downturn: 13 Blunders Companies Make in A Crisis and how to fix them
- Legendary Selling: How To Create a Breakthrough in Your Sales
- Business Technology: How to use technology to produce meaningful business outcomes
- How To Have A Legendary Career, Make A Difference, & Retire Early
- Sales & Marketing Skills For CIOs: What Every Tech Exec Needs To Succeed
- Selling To The CIO: How To Sell High-tech products and services to executives
- Marketing Technology: The 12 Steps To Building Successful Tech Companies
- Save The World From Shitty Marketing: 21 Steps To Legendary Results
- Startup Marketing: How To Build A Legendary Company
- It’s Web 2.0: What Do We Do Now?